Must I suffer for my beauty?
Sometimes it is all too much!
Abandoned by my lover, Cupid
Tasked with never-ending tasks
Sinking now beneath the waters
Is there no one who will save me?
Psyche, drama queen in art [o]
(1) Birmingham Museum, Psyche, Rescued by Naiads From Drowning, Jean Baptiste Marie Pierre – http://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/explore-art/items/1906P30/psyche
(2) Cupid and Psyche – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupid_and_Psyche
(3) Psyche, Rescued By Naiads From Drowning, Jean Baptiste Marie Pierre – https://artuk.org/discover/artworks/psyche-rescued-by-naiads-33296
(4) VADS, Psyche abandonne par l’Amour, recueillie et consolee par les nymphes, Jean Baptiste Marie Pierre – https://vads.ac.uk
Self Portrait, age 34
At the height of his career,
The artist sits
Art influenced by art.
Remembering Rembrandt [o]
(1) Rembrant, Self Portrait At The Age Of 34 – https://colourlex.com/project/rembrandt-self-portrait-at-the-age-of-34/
(2) Rembrant, Self Portrait At The Age Of 34 – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-portrait_at_the_age_of_34
(3) National Gallery https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/
Confident, unabashed, unapologetic, defiant
Giant pink letterforms in the corner
Heinrich Dunst now has my attention
Simply marvelous, this modern art world [o]
(1) Heinrich Dunst – https://www.secession.at/en/exhibition/heinrich-dunst-2/
(2) MUMOK (Museum Moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien) – https://www.mumok.at/en/frontpage
Crossing the bridge
Trains running below
A lifetime of service,
Now silent decay
All turn to rust
And stardust [o]